Friday, October 16, 2009

Pure Happiness

I had a moment of pure happiness today.

I went out with a couple friends to see a band - turned out to be three because the main act canceled. The first band that played was really good. With practice and a bit more experience, they could be great. Their songs had meaning and emotion and the music lifted the house. The band was called White Elephant and they are a local band who just might make it big some day.

There weren't that many people on the floor when they started so my friends and I started rocking out, dancing to our hearts' content. People actually cleared a space around us. We had as much room as we wanted, and even though people were giving us glances, I didn't care. I just closed my eyes and let myself go with the music. I could hear every instrument separately - the bass, the drums, the guitar, the keyboard, even the trumpet when it hit - and I could feel the synergetic whole creating something greater than its parts.

I smiled and smiled.

I haven't smiled like that in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment