Saturday, June 16, 2012

Belgium Update

I figured it's about time that I update my blog, for its own sake and because I haven't really given anyone an update since I moved to Belgium

So here I am. It's been not windy and much less cold than Newfoundland. I'm living in my mom's apartment, which is on the second/third floor (depending on which side of the pond you're on). It overlooks a park and you can see several churches and other towers out the window. The living room has floor-to-ceiling glass windows on that side, so that's pretty cool.

I've been pretty busy since I got here, mostly with this major translation project I'm working on. 163500 words. That's a lot of words. But it's good practice and I'm getting quicker at it. I'm also still writing for World Record Label and Cute Copy and picking up random editing, writing, and transcription jobs. (If you need anything done along those lines, hit me up!)

I bought a bike today. It took me just over an hour to walk out to where the guy was selling it and about 25 minutes to get back. Needless to say, it's going to be great having it. Good exercise too.

The most interesting things I've done since my arrival are probably going to Flanders Fields (pics below, and more on Facebook) and visiting a couple of the free festivals they've had around town here. The first weekend that I got here was very busy with that sort of thing, and I even got to see some professional trapeze artists!

Other than that I've mostly been stuck behind my computer changing English into German.









No comments:

Post a Comment